Holidays at Disneyland
Greetings, humans! Happy Holidays.
I often hear people describing this as “the most wonderful time of the year.” I don’t know if I agree with that assessment because it is certainly one of the busiest times of the year here at Disneyland. Longer park hours and more humans aren’t my cup of tea (of course, tea isn’t my “cup of tea” either. I prefer saucers of cream).
Still, there are several things I do love about Christmastime here in our parks. Here is a list of my top 5 favorite things about the holidays at Disneyland:
- Trees to Climb – Scaling Christmas trees is a time-honored tradition for all cats around this time of year, and Disneyland offers us a plethora of trees to climb. I just love hopping from branch to branch, knocking off lights and ornaments as I go.
- Snoap – Humans go crazy watching the snoap fall during the fireworks and the nightly castle-lighting presentations, and I always enjoy laughing at how much the little things fascinate you simple creatures. I love to chase the snoap around and pounce on it. Plus it’s a way for me to get extra clean without ever having to take a bath.
- Sing-Alongs – No one seems to appreciate it when I provide my own soundtrack to attractions (complete with meows, mews, and yowls) throughout the year. At Christmastime, however, there are all kinds of shows in which the audience is asked to “sing along.” This gives me the perfect excuse to meow at the top of my lungs without getting any dirty looks.
- Holiday Treats – I’ve learned through the years that humans tend to overindulge during the holidays, and they will often buy more food than they can actually eat. This makes for fantastic after-hours dumpster diving. I’ve already eaten the majority of three churros this week alone.
- Gifts from Santa – I always make a lengthy list for Santa Claus. He knows I have been a VERY good kitty this year (obviously), and I hope he will oblige by bringing me everything I want on Christmas morning. Among my requests are that humans be banned from Toontown and A Bug’s Land. I also hope that this year’s Limited Time Mackerel promotion turns into a never-ending fishy buffet.
Earlier this month, I held a series of Twitter contests for my followers to receive holiday cards from me. Far more of you humans entered than I could actually send cards to, so here is the digital version of my Catsmas wishes. I hope you all enjoy this season and make it your New Year’s resolution to bring me more treats in 2014.